Abbott i-STAT 1 is an advanced blood analyzer that provides lab-quality results in minutes for faster patient care. Easy-to-use, this handheld analyzer operates with the advanced technology of single-use i-STAT test cartridges. This point of care (POC) system provides lab-quality results in minutes and allows healthcare professionals to quickly respond to needs and conditions at the patient’s side. It delivers lab-quality results significantly quicker than both bench-top systems and the central laboratory.
Benefits of the Abbott i-STAT 1
- Provides faster results than benchtops
- Enhances patient satisfaction by minimizing wait times and length of stay
- Single-use i-STAT test cartridges cover a large menu of commonly used tests in one platform
- Data Management Software, Advanced Quality Features, and statutes help integrate test results into your facility’s software
i-STAT 1 Wireless is designed for ease of use
- Fully integrated, wireless technology
- Does not require communication via Bluetooth
- Clearly displays data in large type
- Ergonomically designed, soft keys for reliable data entry
- Designed to be compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g wireless networks
- Integrates with your existing POC data manager
- Can be interfaced with major LIS vendors
- The APOC team partners with you to ensure smooth and successful implementation
- The Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day
Blood Analysis in Four Easy Steps
It is simple to use. Only four steps are required to get patient results in less time and at less cost
Step 1: Insert two or three drops of blood into the cartridge.
Step 2: Close the cartridge and insert into the i-STAT handheld.
Step 3: View the results on the handheld screen within minutes.
Step 4: Upload information automatically into the LIS/HIS through the Data Management Software
The i-STAT handheld analyzer increases your lab efficiency and productivity by reducing the time and labor required to collect, process, and report results. It also helps healthcare professionals to reduce the potential for errors and promote collaboration among clinical teams, allowing for consultation with colleagues to make immediate treatment decisions at the bedside.
This unit is ready to use around the clock with no downtime for calibration or consumables. Its screen prompts users with step-by-step instructions during the entire testing process.
MAKE CRITICAL DECISIONS WITH A SINGLE POINT-OF-CARE TESTING SOLUTION
Lightweight, portable and easy to use, the i‑STAT 1 blood analyzer operates with the advanced technology of single‑use i‑STAT test cartridges. Combined, they create the i‑STAT System — a blood analysis system that offers the largest menu of tests on a single, portable, point-of-care platform, providing healthcare professionals with diagnostic information where and when it’s needed.
ELIMINATE PROCESS STEPS AND HANDOFFS TO HELP REDUCE ERRORS AND PROMOTE PATIENT SAFETY
TESTING WITH THE i-STAT SYSTEM CAN:
• Standardize and consolidate testing across clinical settings
• Enable rapid decision-making directly in the patient-care pathway
• Improve performance on key quality metrics
• Streamline workflow and optimize resource utilization
• Lower the overall cost of delivering care
• Expand patient access to testing & enhance the care-delivery experience
FEATURES & SPECS
LAB-QUALITY RESULTS FAST
Test with the patient in minutes – no delays caused by transporting samples to the lab or waiting on results
SIMPLE TO USE
Clear and comprehensive instructions help the operator through the testing process
BROAD TEST MENU
Single-use i-STAT test cartridges cover a broad menu of testing options in a single platform
24/7 technical support ensures that the i-STAT System is supported at all times
THE i-STAT SYSTEM CAN CONNECT TO MULTIPLE POC DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Easily manage with-patient testing and the i-STAT System with a number of compatible data management software solutions. Abbott data management solutions help you oversee test results, operators and devices and seamlessly integrate with your Laboratory Information System (LIS) and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Abbott i-STAT 1 Wireless Analyzer
- Abbott DRN-300 Downloader/Recharger Docking Station (BC# 35566-L/T*)
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Adapter/Charger
- Power Cord
- USB PC Interface Cable
- RS232 Download Cable
- User Manual On CD-ROM
- Carrying Case (G)