The Biosystems ABI 7300 Real-Time PCR System is an affordable solution for budget-conscious labs. The four color detection system gives users the flexibility to run a variety of applications including SNP genotyping, gene expression, plus/minus assays, pathogen quantitation and more. The instrument is equipped with a CCD camera for precision optics and comes with advanced multi-componenting algorithms for accurate and reproducible results.
The recent advances in PCR and especially the development of quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR, also known as real-time PCR) make that methodology a staple of almost any biological laboratory, with myriads of applications in almost any bioscience discipline. In qPCR, DNA amplification is monitored in real time using fluorescent dyes. This improvement provides more accurate and sensitive measurements of e.g. gene expression, pathogen detection, and allelic discrimination, than traditional (end-point) PCR. To achieve high quality results of qPCR, a superb apparatus is needed and this is where you can turn to the Applied Biosystems 7300 Real-Time PCR System.
The Biosystems ABI 7300 Real-Time PCR System is a very reliable platform with a high quality Peltier-based heating block providing uniform heating (and cooling) of all the wells. It works equally well with both 96-well plates and 0.2 ml tubes, except you must have the converter to utilize both the 96-well format and 0.2 ml tubes. I use the tubes and plates from Applied Biosystems although I have found that Fisher sells the equivalent for cheaper (I haven’t tested them yet). Convenient features include the real-time monitoring of amplification during the run. (Although I am not one to sit and watch the entire run!) I have been using this instrument to detect expression of many protein-encoding genes and to determine drug-induced changes in the expression of these genes.
The Biosystems ABI 7300 Real-Time PCR System uses four-color detection providing the flexibility to perform a variety of applications including gene expression analysis, pathogen
quantitation, SNP genotyping, and isothermal. The versatile software has plate setup wizards which guide you through experimental setup and include advanced data viewing capabilities. Thanks to the precision optics and a chargecoupled device (CCD) camera with a sophisticated multicomponenting algorithm you get highly accurate, reproducible, and reliable results. Features include: sample wells illuminated with tungsten-halogen lamps; and powerful and user-friendly, sequence detection software.
Biosystems ABI 7300 Real-Time PCR System Specifications:
– Thermal cycling system: Peltier-based, 96-well block
– Sample Ramp Rate: +/-1.1°C/sec
– Peak Block Ramp Rate: 1.6°C/sec
– Temperature Range: 4°C – 100°C
– Temperature Accuracy: ±0.25°C of setpoint/display temperature measured at 3 minutes after clock start
– Temperature Uniformity: ±0.50°C, 30 seconds after clock start
– Optical system : Single excitation, four emission filters, and CCD camera
– Passive Reference Dyes: ROX or any calibrated dye.
– Data Collection: Data collected in all 4 filters for all wells regardless of plate setup. Plate setup may be altered after run completes.
– Quantitative PCR run time: < 1 hour 50 minutes
– Supported Volumes: 20 – 100 μL